September 2017 Newsletter
All the teachers and staff would like to welcome all the new and returning students! Thank you for your patience while getting everyone organized. We are very excited about our new season!
To keep informed, please read emails sent throughout the year and check our website regularly. Our newly redesigned website is kept up-to-date with important studio information!
Calendar of Events 2017-2018
Parents, mark your calendars …. Do not book holidays during the following dates. By registering at SBS, you are making a commitment to be at Stage Rehearsals, Competitions, & the Year End Show. Everyone in a group is part of a Team. Thank you!
- Sep 5 - First Day of Classes
- Sep 10 – Acro Starts
- Oct 3, 4 & 14 - Mini Stars and Baby Stars Fall Sessions Begin
- Oct 7 - Regular Classes
- Oct 8 & 9 - KBM Weekend of Dance Convention
- Oct 8 & 9 - Thanksgiving Day - No Classes Sunday & Monday
- Oct 11 - Dance Parents Association Meeting
- Oct 14 - Cookie Dough Orders Due
- Oct 15 - Disneyland Deposit Due
- Oct 25 - Pick Up Cookie Dough Orders
- Oct 30 - Competition Fees Due
- Oct 31 - Halloween – Special combined classes, tba
- Nov 1 to Nov 30 - Parent Watch Weeks (does not include sessions)
- Nov 11 - Remembrance Day – Regular Classes
- Nov 13 to Nov 19 - Fall Break, Regular Classes
- Nov 13 to Nov 18 - Extra Choreography
- Nov 25 - Festival of Trees
- Nov 30 - Costume Fees Due
- Dec 22 - Friday - Last Day of Classes - Christmas Break
- Jan 6 - Saturday - Classes Resume
- Jan 16, 17, & 20 - Mini Stars and Baby Stars Winter Sessions Begin
- January - Dance Parents Association Meeting
- Feb 3 - ADEA 40th Anniversary Dance Spectacular
- Feb 11 - Last Day Acro Non-Competitive
- Feb 12 to 17 - X Team Costume/Competition Meetings
- Feb 19 - Oil Kings Performance, Rexall Arena
- Feb 19 - Family Day – No Classes
- Feb 25 - Tentative Stage Rehearsals, Dow Centre (X Team)
- Feb 26 to Mar 3 - Parent Costumes Meetings
- Feb 28 to Mar 4 - Artists Emerge Competition, Jubilee Theatre (select Hip Hop only)
- Mar 1 - Disneyland Payment Due
- Mar 5 to 12 - Dance Power, Myer Horowitz (select entries only)
- Mar 18 - Last Day of Acro Competitive
- Mar 10 to Mar 18 - Stage Rehearsals, schedule tba - Dow Centre
- Mar 26 - Spring Break Starts – No classes
- Apr 2 - Easter Monday – Regular Classes Resume
- Apr 5 to 8 - Standing Ovation, Dow Centre, Fort Sask (all dancers)
- Apr 9 to Apr 15 - Peak Dance Competition, Myer Horowitz (X Team only)
- Apr 26 to Apr 30 - Dance Jam, Dow Centre, Fort Sask (all dancers)
- May 3 to May 6 - Fever Dance Competition, Edmonton Expo Ctr (X Team only)
- May 9 to May 13 - Dream Team Dance Festival (non-X Team dancers only)
- May 10 to May 13 - Represent Dance Competition, Myer Horowitz (select Hip Hop only)
- May 19 to May 21 - Classes cancelled - Victoria Day Long Weekend
- May 28 to Jun 2 - Class Pictures
- June 9 - Year End DPA Party
- Jun 11 - Last Day of Classes
- June - Preschool Year End Performance
- Jun 11 to 15 - Ballet Exams
- Jun 17 - Showstoppers 2017 - Jubilee Auditorium
- July 7 to 16 - Disneyland Trip
- Aug 7 to Aug 9 - Preschool Camp
- Aug 13 to Aug 16 - Intensive Camp
Introducing The SBS Team
Artistic Director - Noelle Bischoff
Artistic Coordinator - Kristy Skoreyko
Ballet Director - Jacques Bourgouin
Teachers - Kristy Skoreyko, Jacques Bourgouin, Mandy L'Abbe. Alyssa Wiebe, Daniel Andries, Becky Froment, Kim Grenier, Chantel Woldanski, Janelle Pawluk, Stephanie Mills, Trista Gable, Emily Allen, Jennah Parron, Samantha Johnson, Jolie Van, Wendi Danbrook.
Expectations & Reminders
- Please place outdoor footwear ON the shelves provided. Having shoes on the floor at the doorway is a safety concern.
- Dancers are strongly encouraged to label their dance shoes, dance bags, water bottles, etc. There is a lost & found in the main lobby as well as in the dancer’s loft.
- Dance attire and hair expectations are available by clicking here.
- Maintaining focus during class is very important. Any phones or devices brought into class will be placed into a “Device Bin” during the class.
- The dancer’s loft is a privilege for dancers to use. Dancers must clean up after themselves and respect the space and furniture.
- Running through the lobby and studios is dangerous and unacceptable.
- The parking lot is a busy place. Parents are asked to drive slowly and cautiously and dancers should proceed carefully. Young dancers are encouraged to wait inside for their parents to pick them up.
We are looking forward to a wonderful dance season!