Good Afternoon Dance Families,
Step By Step School of Dance is very excited to share with families that we have booked stage space at the Dow Centennial Centre for On Stage Classes. While a detailed schedule will follow, closer to the date, we are requesting that families hold the following days in their calendars for planning purposes. No in studio classes will take place on these days.
• Tuesday, May 11
• Wednesday, May 12
• Tuesday, May 18
Step By Step continues to follow all guidelines and places the health and safety of dancers, families and staff as a top priority. We are also incredibly proud of the hard work our dancers have put in this season and would like to creatively and safely find a way for dancers to enjoy the experience of practicing and performing their dance on stage.
On Stage Classes will offer dancers the opportunity to wear their costume, have their hair done, wear eye makeup, and to rehearse and perform their choreographed dance on stage. These will be recorded to be shared with families as well as to have in case virtual competitions take place. A thorough and carefully scheduled plan will be sent to families later. The following baseline information will support families in understanding how SBS plans to achieve this safely and while respecting and adhering to restrictions.
• If a change to restrictions is announced by the province, plans will adjust accordingly, which could include cancelling or postponing.
• Dancers will remain in groups of 9 dancers and 1 instructor. Classes with more than 9 dancers will be split into 2 or more groups.
• There will be no audience. Parents, siblings, and other family members will not be permitted in the facility. Dancers will meet instructors outside of the facility and remain with their instructor for the duration of their On Stage Class(es).
• SBS staff are working hard to group dances to best observe consistent cohort groups and to reduce the changing number of students on site.
• Dancers will remain masked the entire time, in the facility and while performing. We ask that all dancers wear a nude/skin tone coloured mask. And All That Jazz has some for sale, as well as Aritizia, Old Navy and Ardenes. If you have trouble finding this colour, you can contact Jodie at Sew It Seams to get a custom mask made. (780)446-2397
• Dancers will also be spaced and distanced while in the warm up/rehearsal space as well as on stage. Dancers will not touch one another during their dances.
• Separate warm up/rehearsal spaces will be assigned to each group in the facility. It is important to note that the schedule will include daytime as well as evening time slots. We anticipate that dancers will have 15 minutes on stage for each choreographed dance. As always, dancers are expected to follow Covid health screening guidelines set forth by the Government of Alberta.
For dancers that do not yet have costumes, arrangements are being made and you will receive email correspondence about your specific classes/costumes.
Thank you for your patience as we work to develop this plan and ensure all areas are addressed. We will continue to share information with families as it is established.
Step By Step is very proud of our variety and standard of dance programs offered. From three year olds to adults, beginners to advanced, Step By Step offers high caliber instruction in all types of dance including Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Lyrical, Tap, Contemporary, Acro, Adult, Teen and Pre-school. We have classes for the recreational dancer as well as the competitive.
The teachers of Step By Step would love to share their love of dance with you, so come celebrate over 40 years of excellence with us!
449 Sioux Road
Sherwood Park, Alberta T8A 4H2