We are so excited for Dance Jam 2021!
AUDIENCE AND LIVE STREAM
There will be an audience of 140 people allowed to watch, as well as live stream. Tickets for both will be sold through Ticketpro. Only 2 tickets per dancer can be purchased for a session.
* · $9.50 live audience
* · $5.50 live stream
The live stream is one camera from the back of the audience.
Online live stream is sold by the DAY, after you purchase, you will receive an email with links to the different sessions. These links are usable as a live stream or you can watch after the session, they will remain active to watch until the end of the Festival which will be approx. 10pm on June 29th 2021
Live in-person viewing is sold by SESSION. SBS has colour coded our sessions, pink, blue and yellow on the competition schedule.
We highly recommend that you purchase your tickets IN ADVANCE online or via the phone, as there are limited seating options and the Box Office may be busy when you arrive.
Tickets for both will go on sale through Ticketpro on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23 AT 1:00 PM. Here is the link to purchase:
You can also visit shelltheatre.ca to purchase your tickets.
* · Attached is a map of entrances and exits for the dancers and audience.
* · Social distancing rules will be in place in all public areas.
* · Masks are mandatory in all areas, except on the stage where they are optional.
* · No food or drink in the theatre, soccer field or dressing rooms.
* · Studios are required to clean up after their use (make sure all belongings are taken – as the Shell theatre will sterilize)
BUILDING ENTRANCE AND EXIT POINTS
* · The audience will enter through the main doors of the theatre.
* · Dancers will enter through the Banquet Hall door.
* · Dancers will exit through the Loading Dock doors where parents can meet them.
* · A map is attached.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO
* · Borsellino Photography has sent an email regarding the photography packages she is offering. Incredible pictures at a great price! Her action shots are amazing. Please connect with her directly if you have any questions.
* · Icabod Productions will be videoing the competition. You will receive an email regarding the video packages and how to order. Please contact Peter directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780.619.4266 if you have any questions.
* · Have your dancer dressed in their first costume, make up and hair done. Dressing rooms will be available. Social distancing and masking is required.
* · Make sure that costumes are clearly marked for each dance and with shoes labelled. Have everything together. Teacher Assistants are helping with costume changes.
* . Dancers should be wearing a beige mask.
* . Dancers will not exit until after adjudication and their block is completed – see schedule for block lengths.
* . SBS representatives will escort your dancer to the Loading Dock for pick up.
* . Soloists can take their mask off for performance but must wear them backstage.
* · Approximately every 45 minutes an on-stage adjudication will take place. Dancers are to be masked for adjudication.
* · Groups: One member of a group will be on stage for adjudication. A bag of medals will be given to distribute to the dancers in the group.
Looking forward to another wonderful dance experience!
Can’t wait to see you!
DanceJam Competition Schedule
Group Routine Worksheet
Map to Shell