Hello Dance Families,
We are pleased to announce our new competition plans for 2021. We have changed some events and venues but our goal of getting dancers on stage is stronger than ever. We will keep you updated on an ongoing basis.
Competition Formats and Adjustments – As Government guidelines and regulations change, there is potential that competition formats may also change. Options could include a limited audience size, virtual events, or a change of date. We are hopeful competitions will run as usual, but we may need to adjust as necessary.
There are also questions about masks, dressing rooms, rehearsal spaces, etc. The answers to these questions will be made available closer to the competition dates as they will have to be responsive to regulations at that time. We have been in contact with each competition and can assure families that organizers are planning with the utmost regard for dancer safety.
Group Competition Credits 2020 and Competition Charges 2021 - With the change of venues, prices have changed slightly. We have posted 2020 CREDITS (100%) and the NEW 2021 Competition Charges to your accounts. Please find attached documents for Competition Fees 2019-20 AND Competition Fees 2020-21. You can check your account before we process the amounts on November 15th.
Extra Choreography Credits 2020 and Competition Charges 2021- We are in the process of posting 2020 CREDITS (100%) and the NEW 2021 Competition Charges to your accounts. You can view your account and we will process these amounts on November 15th.
If a Competition Gets Cancelled in 2021 due to Covid-19 – Our credits with SHYANN, SUNDANCE, DREAM TEAM will continue to 2022. View Dance Challenge will refund less an SBS administration fee. ARTIST EMERGE is a Virtual Competition.
What If Your 2020 Credits are more than 2021 Charges? This scenario would happen if you have dropped a class and did not replace it with another. If you have more competition credits than you do charges for this season, you would have a credit competition fee balance. This balance is on our records. Please choose one of the following options and email email@example.com
#1. Carry 100% Competition Credit to 2022 competition season.
#2. With the additional work and costs a 20% administration Fee will be applied leaving you with an 80% refund which can be applied to your account which can be used towards tuition, costume costs, or other.
Group Competition & Costume Information 2020/2021
The attached document has all the group names, Costume Fees (if applicable) and lists which competitions each group will participate in.
View Dance Challenge- Junior/ Intermediate Extra Choreography- Find attached Competition Fees for any Junior or Intermediate dancer who would like to enter their solos, duets, or small groups in the View. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register by November 21st. For dancers participating in View Dance Challenge, an additional charge of $40 per dancer will be applied. This mandatory Event Fee includes exclusive access for every dancer to download all their photos and videos from each of their routines. Each dancer will also have access to an electronic program and access to the FINAL Hour Showdown. The showdown used to be a ticketed event but is now included in the fee. Extreme dancers have this fee incorporated into their fees already and will not be charged an additional amount.
Expo Centre has Parking fee of $15 per day.
Extreme Payment Plan 2019/20- Payments of $150 were taken from your account September thru April totaling $1200. Costumes totaled $600 and Competitions $600. Your competition credit of $600 will be applied to your account.
Stage Rehearsals at Dow Centre, Ft Sask on Feb 28, March 5, 6, 7, 12 and 13th.
We hope this covers most of the competition information which will take us into the new year. This has been a tremendous workload for the managers and teachers. A big thank you goes to all of them, as well as to the dancers and parents who have been supportive. We will continue with optimism as we look forward to seeing all the dancers on stage!
2019-2020 Competition Fees
2020-2021 Competition Fees
2020-2021 Group Competition and Costume Information 2021-21